Noopy robot controller v.2 board is the successor of Noopy v.1 board. In this board, the Arduino Pro Mini is removed and embedded into the main board to reduce the size and cost. It is 100% Arduino based robot brain designed with Inmojo. User can upload Arduino sketches using it's USB connector connected to PC or MAC.
Controller board comes with Atmega328P chip which is factory programmed with Arduino Bootloader so that it is fully compatible with Arduino Software. Customers can re-flash the Bootloader using the ISP connector provided in the board. You may require a Atmel Programmer. For more details please refer http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/Burn168. The boards comes with 2 versions.
1. Noopy USB + Bluetooth
2. Noopy USB Only
A Class 2 Bluetooth module with SPP profile is included with the Bluetooth version of the Board.
For more information check the specification section. The board supports standard 5V, 6V DC motors and compliant with most standard servo motor types such as Futaba, Hitec, Sanwa, GWS etc.
In Noopy V.2 user can connect up to 6 Analog sensors, 4 DC motors and 4 Servo Motors. In Addition this board has Power (3.3V and 5V), SPI, I2C ports so that customers can connect any compatible module/shield with Noopy board. We have plans to make such useful shields (Digital Compass, MP3 Play, Accelerometer etc...) in the future.
1. PLEASE DO NOT REVERSE THE BATTERY CONNECTION. IT MAY DAMAGE THE POWER REGULATORS.
2. USB and Bluetooth full duplex communication cannot be used simultaneously. When connected to a USB port, Bluetooth Rx channel will be automatically disabled in order to reduce the communication conflicts.
* Controller core: Atmega 328P 3.3v
* Core Logic voltage: 3.3v
* Processor speed: 8Mhz
* Motor voltage input : 6V ~ 15V (Can be changed by replacing appropriate U2 regulator)
* Motor speed control method: PWM 8-bit Res
* Motor stepping modes: CW, CCW, Stop, Brake
* DC motors: upto 4 DC motors 6V ~ 12v / 1A max
* Servo motors: upto 4 Servo motors 5V
* 6 Analog inputs with Vcc, GND rails (perfect for IR distance sensors, Ultrasonic sensors etc...)
* Connectivity: Bluetooth Class 2.0 EDR with Toshiba Stack, USB 1.1 (Firmware upload, Data)
* Dimensions: 75mm×45mm (mounting hole placement 70mm×40mm)
** Optional AVR ISP port for direct programming of Atmega 328 Chip
Compatible with any of our DC motors, Servo motors including Tamiya Gear boxes.
Check our download section below to get our Arduino Library with sample code to connect with Arduino. We update the current library with more features soon.
Bluetooth connection setup
* We have tested with Toshiba, WIDCOMM based Bluetooth dongles including built-in Bluetooth modems on Laptop PC's. Also tested with Macbook/Macbook-Pro Built-in Bluetooth modules and works perfectly. However by removing the default authentication it is theoretically possible to use with any other Bluetooth stack.
* To download the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, please visit http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=download
* To download the Widcomm Bluetooth stack, please visit http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
Arduino Library installation guide:
1. Open Arduino programming interface on your Mac or PC.
2. Check the default sketchbook location by opening the Preferences tab (File > Preferences).
3. Create a Directory called "libraries" under the sketchbook directory and copy the folder "NoopyRobot_V2".
4. Restart Arduino programming interface and check File > Examples and select noopy_v2.
5. If you need just the library import, Sketch > Import Library and select NoopyRobot_V2.
If you have any trouble setting up the provided driver or hardware feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Open Source||Hardware||Docs & Files||Software|
|Open Source Hardware Definition v1.0||Creative Commons - Attribution - ShareAlike 3.0||Creative Commons - Attribution - ShareAlike 3.0||Creative Commons - Attribution - ShareAlike 3.0|
|Destination & Service||Shipping Time||Cost|
|Worldwide - Standard||7-14 Business Days||$8.00 for first item, $2.00 for each additional item|
|Domestic (Japan) - Standard||3-7 Business Days||$4.00 for first item, $2.00 for each additional item|
InMojo supports the Open Source Hardware Definition v1.0